Namespaces defined

Subject: Namespaces defined
From: "Elder, Larry" <elder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 09:32:38 -0500
I'm worn out trying to understand namespaces. Instead of continuing to think
on a conceptual level, let me try a PHYSICAL definition and hope someone
will correct me.

A namespace is an ASCII text file that contains the names you're going to
use for elements and attributes in your XML  file. The ASCII text file is
made unique by associating  it with a  URL. The URL (...unique on all the
web) and the file name make THIS list of names unique. Link this now-unique
file to your XML / XSL application and you have your set of unique names.

Comments, please.

Larry Elder