RE: More namespace fun?

Subject: RE: More namespace fun?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:45:45 -0000
> So, for instance the para tag has
> a whole host of namespaces 'attached' to it.
>
> I know this is a contrived example, but
> what earthly use is this information?

It's only really useful if your source document uses attribute values that
are QNames - for example if your source document is a stylesheet. Then you
might need to know the mapping of namespace prefixes to namespace URIs.

> I also note that the namespaces are provided
> in document order, almost the reverse of
> any interest that I might have in them.

The order of namespace nodes for an element is undefined. The only thing the
spec says is that in document order an element is followed by its namespace
nodes, then its attribute nodes, then its children; the relative order of
namespaces (and of attributes) is undefined.

Mike Kay