Re: Netscape

Subject: Re: Netscape
From: "violet wright" <xsl9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 22:04:09 GMT

Randall, try

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/authoring/browsers/

for some good info on browsers/etc.

From: "Randall J. Parr" <RParr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 08:59:32 -0600

Cheun N Chong wrote:

> Dear all
>
>         Does Netscape supports XML/XSL? Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Cheun Ngen CHONG

Which Netscape? 4.x? Mozilla? NS 5 (or 6)?

I ran across a NS 4.x plugin to handle XML/XSL at www.inlogix.de but I
couldn't get it to work. It installs ok but my NS keeps insisting on
using IEEXPLORER to open/save *.xml files.

Does anyone get this to work or know of any other such plugins for 4.x?

I believe that Mozilla and NS 5/6 (they can't decide what to call it)
supports XML/CSS but NOT XML/XSL. There is a side project to use
Transformix to add XML/XSL but it sounds like a "maybe later" add-on. I'm
disappointed in this approach because if it's not in the "standard"
Mozilla/NS5/6 package we will have started a whole new generation in
which you can't depend on this support.

Anyone knows differently, please let us know; I'd love to hear it.

R.Parr
TemporalArts