RE: XSL processor authors - how about this approach?

Subject: RE: XSL processor authors - how about this approach?
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:26:04 -0000
> With the new MSXML processor (preview) you can create compiled XSL
> stylesheet templates - pretty useful and fast.

Most of the processors are now doing some kind of preprocessing of the
stylesheet to create an in-memory representation that is efficient to
execute, and reusable on multiple source documents. Whether this is
correctly described as "compiling", I'm not sure: I doubt anyone is
generating machine-executable instructions or even Java bytecodes. I don't
think any product yet makes the "compiled" stylesheet persistent: that could
presumably be the next stage.

Mike Kay