RE: MSXML abominations happening for a reason (was Re: MSXML...re leased)

Subject: RE: MSXML abominations happening for a reason (was Re: MSXML...re leased)
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:30:25 -0000
> "Solutions" like this abomination arise not because Microsoft
> is sadistic but because they believe, and probably have market research
> to back this up, that there are a lot of people out there who will use
this
> functionality and

Don't believe that for a minute. They put features in because they have
innovative people who dream up ideas (sometimes good, sometimes wacky) and
whose personal motivation is to show off their good ideas to the world
rather than to pass conformance tests. Then they try to justify the
invention post-hoc by proving there is a requirement out there. (I know -
I've been there).

Mike Kay