RE: Microsoft XSL and Conformance

Subject: RE: Microsoft XSL and Conformance
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:31:24 -0000
> Especially b) is a thing that always bugged me about IE5,
> namely its tendency to look at the URI extension first, when it should
look at the
> Content-Type.
>
> Practical consequence:
>
> When you serve a PDF from an XML source (via Cocoon), ...

Another interesting observation is that you can't use IE5 to access the XML
version of the XML specification, because IE5 thinks it's ill-formed XML
(with some justification), and won't touch it. I had to use Netscape to
download it so I could investigate the problem! Perhaps in this case
Microsoft are enforcing the standards too strictly?

Sorry this is off-topic...

Mike Kay