Re: Microsoft XSL and Conformance

Subject: Re: Microsoft XSL and Conformance
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:09:09 -0800
The XSLT 1.0 Spec is also careful to provide the
necessary mechanisms to built robust, portable
XSLT stylesheets, even in the face of cool extensions.

The <xsl:fallback> and element-available('qname') and
function-available('qname') let you have good, proactive
control as to what should happen if an extension on
which you depend is not available.

Steve Muench, Consulting Product Manager & XML Evangelist
Business Components for Java Development Team