Re: Microsoft XSL and Conformance

Subject: Re: Microsoft XSL and Conformance
From: Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:26:58 +0800
Juergen Hermann wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:40:59 -0800, Jonathan Marsh wrote:
>
> >This was missent and can easiliy be mis-interpreted.  Andy and I, along with
> >other members of the MSXML team have had a lot of conversations about being
>
> Ahh, so there's more than one of you (Andrew's "I'm Andy Kimball, the(!)
> Microsoft XSL developer" could easily be misinterpreted. :)

msXML team!!  Does not necessary indicate more than ONE person on XSL, does it?

Andy and Jonathan, I know that you understand the importance of your work, and
I don't know if your statement "MS is committed to compliance in XML/XSL" is an
official statement, an internal smoke screen or a genuine corporate policy.
I wish it is the latter, I believe you believe it, and I hope you can influence
any other internal agendas towards the opposite.
(My doubts stems from the outright brutal contractual breaches of the Java
technology, although we heard similar "committed to Java technology" in the
early phases. We all know what happened.)

I think the XSL community in particular, are very torn between love/hate MS,
since the dependency of MS technologies, especially the IE, and the fact that
most of us have to get things working in many environments, hence the paramount
importance of compliance to accepted standards. Perhaps it is not in the
'power-hungry' MS interest, but it would sure help improve the current
'tarnished' image of MS.

Niclas