passivetex, son of (XSL FO formatting using TeX)

Subject: passivetex, son of (XSL FO formatting using TeX)
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:09:30 +0000 (GMT)
I am proud to relaunch my TeX-based system for formatting XSL
formatting objects, at http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex/.

The actual capabilities of the package are not that much changed (and
it isn't quite XSL-FO 2000 yet), but it has had many internal changes,
and seen more use (to format a whole book here, for instance).

Most significantly, PassiveTeX has been rewritten to use David
Carlisle's "xmltex" XML parser written in TeX, an amazing piece of
work I commend to everyone.

My next stage of work is to revisit the RenderX test files, and
see how much of their work I can replicate. Ditto FOP.

Sebastian Rahtz