Re: Formating to text

Subject: Re: Formating to text
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:42:00 +0100
Steve Tinney wrote:

> There is no mysterious issue here; you just want to control line-breaks
> and spacing.  See the faq for the various ways of ensuring tight control
> over input and output whitespace.

No, you're right there is nothing mysterious...
The problem here is indeed to keep control over the horizontal position
and current value of the indentation to generate the line breaks while
running through the tree.
Updatable variables are eagerly missing here and I don't see how you can
easily perform this task which would be trivial with any procedural
language.
Have I missed something ?

Thanks

Eric