Re: Complex expression problem...

Subject: Re: Complex expression problem...
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:26:34 -0800
<xsl:for-each
  select="/customers/customer[starts-with(name,'a')
                              and
                              starts-with(city,'b')
                              and
                              starts-with(zip,'9')]">
  :
  :
</xsl:for-each>

Although, if you'll be doing this over thousands of
customers *AND* you are already pulling the customer
information from a database, you might want to
push this query through and let your database filter
the rows *before* rendering the resulting matches
as XML to make things go a lot faster...Just a thought,
and might not apply to your situation, but seemed
like it was worth suggesting...

Business Components for Java Dev't Team, Oracle Corporation