RE: XSL/XSLT components on Wintel

Subject: RE: XSL/XSLT components on Wintel
From: MarkH@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:30:08 +0100
Thanks Jonathan

I should have mentioned MSXML. This is no use to us because:

1) It is not currently distributable (only the non-XSL IE5.0 is
redistributable) and Microsoft are not saying anything about when it might
be distributable

2) The current re-distribution license requires that the product be used in
conjunction with IE4SP1 or later. This rules it out for commercial
deployment because it is impractical for us to ask customers to install a
particular vendor's web browser in order to use our tools.

Thanks for the additional point about physical dependence on URLMON etc,
which is an additional barrier should the legal requirement, 2) above, be
relaxed.

Thanks

Mark