RE: XSL/XSLT components on Wintel

Subject: RE: XSL/XSLT components on Wintel
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:18:24 -0500
Hi

My list of actual C++ XSLT engines includes:
a) MSXML (Microsoft) - source code not available, work in progress
b) Transformiix (Mozilla) - source code available, work in progress
c) Xalan (Apache) - source code available, work in progress

of the three, Xalan is probably the one having a near completed 1.0
compliant version. Transformiix is in the process to be integrated into
Mozilla. And MSXML is slowly evolving toward compliance.

I still have to do some benchmarks to know which one is the fastest and the
most compliant to the 1.0 recomendations. But up to date, I can say that
these three are a lot faster than most Java implementations and do not
suffer from the garbage collector syndrome (your server stop suddenly on an
HTTP request to do some garbage collection)

cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Conferences: Web Chicago(http://www.mfweb.com)