Re: xsl:import help

Subject: Re: xsl:import help
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:51:13 GMT
> why is that?.Is it something to do with IE5?.

_anything_ involving  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl
is to do with ie5.

IE5, if you have installed the new parser in replace mode, implements two
languages that are essentially completely different.

One (which is what this list is about) is called XSLT and uses
elements from the namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
the other one (which is called XSL in the microsoft documentation, but
otherwise known as MSXSL) is based on an early draft of XSLT together
with some microsoft extensions. That uses http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl

If you try to combine these two languages into one sheet by the
use of xsl:import then perhaps something happens but I think you
are on very thin ice, I would not rely on any behaviour at all:-)

The microsoft XSLT implementation is rather new and currently incomplete
you need to check that the features you are using have been implemented
yet.

David