Re: Is it time for an XSLT-list?

Subject: Re: Is it time for an XSLT-list?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:12:50 +0100 (BST)
> perhaps a
> XSL-IE5, XSL-newbie and XSL-advanced
> or similar?

It doesn't help. Nothing helps. Having incompatible languages with
almost identical names is confusing, so not unnaturally people get
confused.

If people understood the situation well enough to know whether to
post to an ms-xsl list or a w3c-xsl one, then probably they wouldn't
need to ask a question. Splitting lists normally just leads to
discussions about which posts are appropriate for which lists.

And anyway recently we've seen that Jonathan Marsh (and perhaps other
MS XSL developers?) are active on this list, so if people are so bold as
to ask an IE5 question they might even get an informed response (rather
than `install linux', which is my preferred solution to IE5 problems:-)

David