RE: "Translate function"

Subject: RE: "Translate function"
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 14:03:51 -0400

>One more question.Im using a tool called xml writer from wattle
>software.They have options to run xml in a window in the tool or the
>browser.Should I try using saxon from now?.

xml writer is a very nice tool, however it uses the IE5 or part of
the xsl. So the problem you may be having could be with the xml writer
editor that you are using.

>Can anyone give me a quick help tips for using saxon?.

I don't know if you got the site but here it is
http://users.iclway.co.uk/mhkay/saxon/

get the instant saxon (very very very easy to use)

You'll get a zip file which contains only two files.
place both files under one folder.  Becareful of one thing
it tells you syntax and all that but I found that it does not
work exactly how you would like it to.  This is what I type and
it works great for me.

(Open a command line window, and go to the directory where you have
the saxon.exe file.  Make sure your xsl xml and dtd are all in the same
directory as well.  If you have any graphics may sure they live there
otherwise when you are trying to view the html it will give you broken
links, but that is easily solved if you don't want graphics along with
everything else by moving the html file to another directory.)

Type
saxon -0 filename.html filename.xml filename.xsl (hit enter)

This will create an html file called filename from the combined xml and xsl
files called filename.

hope this helps.  Then all you have to do is view the html with your
browser IE or Netscape flavor.

Eddy