Re: Is it time for an XSLT-list?

Subject: Re: Is it time for an XSLT-list?
From: Martin Stricker <shugal@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 22:25:49 +0200
Kay Michael schrieb:

> I've just waded through about 140 messages on the xsl-list, and about
> half of them were questions about the IE5 1998 XSL, and in very many of
> these cases the authors didn't make that clear in the posting, so it
> took about 10 seconds to delete each one.
>
> I wonder if it's time for those of us who aren't interested in IE5 1998
> XSL to take ourselves off to a new XSLT-list, where hopefully these
> people won't find us?

Would be very fine with me!
I just hope they won't find us there... ;-(

Martin Algesten schrieb:

> perhaps a
> XSL-IE5, XSL-newbie and XSL-advanced
> or similar?

That might be an even better idea.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Microsoft (except Linux
;-)), I'm just not interested in their software as there is free software
to find for nearly anything one could need.  On the other hand IE5 is the
most widely distributed "XML/XSL-enabled" application today. I got several
requests myself regarding XML and IE5, but happily I have enough other
projects so I could say no. Also there's the (weird to install) update
which seems to be mostly compatible with the "real" XSL(T). I _really_ hope
Microsoft is going to publish a new version of IE5 which has this update
(and should _not_ accept the old version)! And I can't wait for Mozilla
5... I'm really happy one of Microsoft's XSL programmers is reading this
list so hopefully in the future we can discuss the differences between IE
and the other XSL processors just like we now discuss the differences
between, for instrance, saxon and xt.

Hope I didn't annoy anyone!
Martin Stricker