RE: <xsl:choose> <xsl:when> and graphics salad!

Subject: RE: <xsl:choose> <xsl:when> and graphics salad!
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:49:25 -0400
> it's also not the _input_ its the stylesheet.

Ookay!

> So does your input look like
>
> <?xml version ="1.0>
> <text text.role='note'>
>  <image align='right' reference='xxx'>
>   <text> stuff</text>
>   <illust> more stuff</illust>
>   <image>
> <text>

No

It looks like:
<?xml version ="1.0>
<document>
<packet> Whole bunch of stuff </packet>
<packet>

<para secur.const="SPECIAL" secur.classif="U" secur.declasson="Whenever"
      poc.agency="BTG"	poc.author="Edward Medina"
	poc.phone="(813)-288-0333" poc.email="emedina@xxxxxxx"
	obj.cutdate="February 22, 2000"
	level="1">
	<text text.role="normal">
	Text here
	</text>
	<text text.role="note">
	More text here
	</text>
</para>

<!-- Here is where your graphic illustration is placed -->
<illust secur.const="SPECIAL" secur.classif="U" secur.declasson="Whenever"
	  poc.agency="BTG" poc.author="Edward Medina"
	  poc.phone="(813)-288-0333" poc.email="emedina@xxxxxxx"
	  obj.cutdate="February 22, 2000"
	  level="3" >
	<image  reference="airplane.bmp" align="right">
	Thumbnail of Airplane
	</image>
	<image  reference="map_thumb.bmp" align="right">
	Thumbnail of map
	</image>
	<image  reference="sample.bmp" align="bottom">
	Sample Map.
	</image>
</illust>

</packet>
</document>

> If so the stylesheet looks about right, if not then some of
> your select expressions will be returning empty node lists.
> David

Well that is what is happening. I'm returning empty node lists.

  :-) But with the imput the way it is, I'm not sure how else to do
it.  I am capturing packet, document, text, illust, and image.

Should I just do <xsl:template match="packet">
					<xsl:value-of select="text"/>
					<xsl:value-of
select="/illust/image"/>
					<xsl:apply templates select="."/>
				</xsl:template>

Basically the packet is the major element that nests the
text, illust, table, and list.

illust is parent to image

Eddy