Newbie: Multiple XSLs for SMLs

Subject: Newbie: Multiple XSLs for SMLs
From: "Christopher A. Brooks \(NetRPG Webmaster\)" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 18:09:38 -0600
Hi all,

I'm relativly new to XML/XLS and have a quick questions with regards to
style sheets.  I've written up an XML file for primary use with Internet
Explorer, but would like to keep it as generic as possible, so I can use it
when (if?) other browsers/applications have support for it.  I've actually
written up two XSL sheets for it, one transforms the XML file into a
database format for another program.  So here's the question:  Is there a
better way to reference an XSL sheet than the "xml-stylesheet" tag (or maybe
someone can clarify its use for me)?  Here's the header of my XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="alerts.xsl"?>

...XML follows...

This means that IE looks to transform the XML file with alerts.xsl.  This is
good.  What if I want Netscape browsers (when they get support) to transform
the file with nalerts.xsl?  How would I add other XSL reference for other
clients/programs?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
--