Help with FOP/XSLFO

Subject: Help with FOP/XSLFO
From: scott.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:55:26 -0500
I've started using the FOP product for pdf output and need some help with
some of the formatting objects.  There doesn't appear to be a lot of
help/support off of apache's site so I thought I'd look here. I'm currently
using FOP, the XML4J parser, and XT (for XSL translation).

1.  I've read the features/limitations section for FOP and it says that it
has minimal support for tables, table-columns, and table-cells.  I'm trying
to use the number-columns-spanned property but when I try to use that
property and run the xml and xsl through the FOP application I get a
'Number of cells in row don't match number of columns' error.

2.  Using <fo:block text-decoration="underline"> to generate underline text
in the pdf file doesn't appear to be working.

3.  Is there somewhere I can get a list of characters codes so that I can
output whitespaces, <, >, &, etc... (The ampersand is very important)

4. Does anyone have a working example of displaying table borders in an
output pdf?  Every example that I try doesn't output anything.

5. Is there a code for inserting line breaks into a single <fo:block>?
Right now, If I want to force a new line I just start a new block.