Applying different transformations to every n'th node

Subject: Applying different transformations to every n'th node
From: "Philip McAllister" <pem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 12:40:34 +0100
I realise that something very similar has come up recently but I'm still
having problems, so my apologies if this bores you :-)

I'm using Xalan and XSLT to output as HTML.

I have some xml that goes something like:

  <categories>
    <category id="something">Name of Category</category>
    <category id="something">Name of Category</category>
    <category id="something">Name of Category</category>
  </categories>

What I want to be able to do is apply one template to every fourth category
and a different template to anything else.

Basically, what I am trying to do is create a table with 3 columns, so I
want every fourth column to start a new table row.

Insights greatly appreciated, thanks.

--
Philip McAllister
Web Developer, ticketingsolutions