geting Exception: Xalan with Applet & Extensions

Subject: geting Exception: Xalan with Applet & Extensions
From: "Martin Kammermeier" <martin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:11:35 +0200
I would very appreciate somebobys help on this:

I am working with Xalan and use Extensions (the shipped "redirect" and some
I wrote myself). The stuff works fine from the command line.

Now I call the stuff with an applet (all jars are declared in the applet's
archive and on the system's classpath) and I get a:
"java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
org/apache/xalan/xpath/ExtensionFunctionHandler: field
class$com$ibm$bsf$BSFManager is inaccessible"

I somehow can think of the reason (applets are not allowed to use this
system resources or something?), but I am quite helpless at the moment.

Maybe somebody once had the same problem and can give me a hint?

Thanks in advance
Martin