RE: The XSL-List Digest V2 #598

Subject: RE: The XSL-List Digest V2 #598
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:30:00 -0400
Frankly,

This is way off topic, and should not
be in this forum.  If people want to
rant a rave at each other please do it
in another medium.
Thanks
Eddy

:	>So far this list has been a great help to me, mainly
:thanks to the
:patience
:	>of usual repliers. If it is going to degenerate into another
:Microsoft
:	>bashing zone then I'm out.
:
:	Bye. (sniff)
:
:	>Frankly, the amount of time and energy spent by
:	>developers in this organisation, and I am sure many others,
:exchanging petty
:	>digs @ Microsoft is scandalous. Look it's easy ... if you don't
:like
:	>Microsoft's products don't use them.
:
:	Look it's easy - if Microsoft don't like open
:technologies, don't
:use them, don't pollute them. The issue here, which people are very
:sensitive to in the light of Microsofts approach to Java, is
:that Microsoft
:produces non-standard implementations to tie people to their products &
:platform. This may not be what they are doing now - they
:implemented a very
:early version of XSL, and are currently updating it, but you
:cannot blame
:people for watching them carefully. Microsoft people have
:stated that they
:don't like certain things in XML specs, and so do not intend
:to implement
:them, and the prospects of this happening with future versions of IE is
:alarming to people who are working so hard for a better WWW.
:
:	By the way, what organisation are you refering to? This
:list does
:*not* speak for the W3C.
:
: