xsl:import?

Subject: xsl:import?
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:56:33 -0400
Hello there!

I'm wondering if I could use xsl:import to
populate a metadata (attribute value), from an
xml document.

I want the end user to be able to choose from drop down
list of all the countries in the world.  I've created (Ok, my
boss did) an xml document with all the country names in the
world.  I want to be able to use this list, so that the end user
can select from this list.  My question is how do I populate
the value?  (FYI I know I could do it with Entities, and create
a whole document which is an entity but the Senior Engineer
of the project does not want it done that way.)   Does any
one know if I could use xsl:import for that, and would it even
work?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Eddy