RE: Saxon 5.3

Subject: RE: Saxon 5.3
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:30:30 +0100
> ParserManager.properties must be in the current directory
> i.e. "samples". I can't have it in my "c:\saxon"-directory
> even though I have set my CLASSPATH properly.

No, it can be in any directory that is on the classpath. (But being in the
same directory as saxon.jar and having saxon.jar on the classpath is not
enough).

> 2)
> When I use "java" it works fine but when I use "jview"
> the output is an empty file - 0 bytes.

This is very strange, I've never seen such a difference between the SUN and
Microsoft JVM's before. The only time I've seen differences are when you use
a character encoding that one supports and the other doesn't - and that
should give an error message rather than different results.

Mike Kay

PS, could you raise such points on saxon.xsl@xxxxxxxxxxx please? Sometimes
other users can help where I can't.