Re: general purpose tranformation language (Re: No side effects holy cow. )

Subject: Re: general purpose tranformation language (Re: No side effects holy cow. )
From: Etienne Posthumus <etienne@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:20:02 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Paul Tchistopolskii wrote:
> That means when somebody is saying that "I'm producing XSLT
> stylesheet out of some other XSLT stylesheet, and I feel happy
> ( or  I'm producing my Java code out of some other Java code )"
> the only thing I can say is:
> "You are good hacker. You are good in writing viruses. So what?"

One reason why you might want to do that is multi-lingual stylesheets.
I have XML data that I would like to be processed by stylesheets that
are similar but has some differences in headings and links.
So I want:
hierarchy.xsl - my 'MASTER' language independent stylesheet.
create_languages.xsl - which is applied to hierarchy.xsl (and others) to
create:

hierarchy.EN.xsl
hierarchy.DE.xsl
hierarchy.FR.xsl
hierarchy.NL.xsl
etc. ad nauseum.

So good reasons where my 'code' is 'data'.

Regards

Etienne Posthumus
- http://www.cs.uu.nl/staff/etienne.html -