Re: display in a recursive way

Subject: Re: display in a recursive way
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:18:43 -0600 (MDT)
> > However you may find that your XML is not very well structured for
> > this kind of iteration.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot change the structure of the XML source.

If there is *something* regular that you can iterate through, like if
there is always an <Item> at the beginning of each group, then you can use
that in the xsl:for-each. From there, the tricky part is determining an
XPath expression that will identify each node you want relative to an
Item, without accidentally picking up things that belong to another group.

I can think of a couple ways to isolate the elements that fall in between
the current Item and the next, but they both involve things that I think
are not available in the MSXML release/preview/version/whatever that comes
with IE5. (following-sibling axis, generate-id() function, etc). Someone
more knowledgable in that realm will need to offer suggestions for this
problem.

P.S. pardon my appendage of 'y' to the subject lines... I recently changed
my mailer configuration so that I don't have to answer 'y'es to a question
that normally comes before I edit the subject line. My fingers haven't
adjusted to the change yyet. :)

   - Mike