Re: Puzzled by the XT and MSXML result.

Subject: Re: Puzzled by the XT and MSXML result.
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 23:35:42 +0200
Hi Didier,

Didier PH Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I executed the same XSLT style sheet with first XT and then with msxml3. I
> got two different results. I think that thee XSLT style sheet is compliant
> to the recommendation (but I am no sure anymore) but when I run it with XT
> (packaged as a win32 executable) I get a strange result. I am completely
> puzzled. Did I make a mistake in the style and cannot see it or is there
> something else I am missing?

Can you tell us more about the strange result which puzzles you ?
Using XT on Linux with your xml and xsl file, I see 2 characters
included before the html tag (value feff 003c).
The rest of the document seems OK.
These characters are specific to the UTF-16 encoding.
Can they explain what you are seeing ?

Eric