IE 5.0 Mac, FileMaker Pro, & HTML Forms

Subject: IE 5.0 Mac, FileMaker Pro, & HTML Forms
From: Roger W Jacques <rwj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 15:49:21 -0700
Hi All,

After lurking for a week or so, I really feel like I am crashing this list
with some very newbie questions. However, I'm pretty much at a dead end at
this point, so here goes.

I need to put together a cross platform web app for editing data in an FMP
database. FMP 5 puts out  XML, outputting the data for IE 5 using XSLT is
no problem, works well.

The problem is that I can't get any of the XML data into text inputs for
editing. So far I have tried Data Islands, something Microsoft calls
"Script Overloading", and <xsl:variable>.

For the Data Island  and script overloading examples, I tried copying the
text right off of the examples on MS's website. IE says that the object
doesn't exist (in both cases)

I wonder if:

Anyone is using the Mac version of IE5 for this (successfully)
Anybody can give me a direction to pursue

I did look through the archives, but in all honesty, most of what's there
seems to be over my head.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Roger W Jacques