Re: ANN: XSLT Programmers Reference

Subject: Re: ANN: XSLT Programmers Reference
From: jeremy@xxxxxxxxx (Jeremy H. Griffith)
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 05:47:12 GMT
>On Tue, 2 May 2000, Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2 May 2000 11:20:44 +0100 , "Pawson, David"
>> <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >I ordered on Saturday, at Amazon price.
>> >Lets see just what the delivery is :-)
>>
>> ... and I ordered by phone Friday, at my local independent
>> bookstore, which already had three copies on order, so I'll
>> bet I get it first!  And no shipping charges!  ;-)

And then, on Tue, 2 May 2000 18:52:07 -1000 (HST),
"Betty L. Harvey" <harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I ordered mine on Friday from Amazon and it was
>delivered today!

... and I picked up my copy today at Bookstore Santa Cruz.
Just as fast.  *Reading* it will take a bit longer... ;-)

Folks, if you *have* a local independent bookseller, and
would like to keep them around, please buy your high-ticket
tech books from them!  I enjoy going in and browsing the
new stuff they get, often seeing books it would never
occur to me to search for on the Web.  If they go under,
because Amazon.com and Borders and their ilk get all our
high-priced business, how long do you suppose the small
independent *publishers*, like Wrox, will last in the
resulting market?  Hint: many have already closed...

  (jeremy@xxxxxxxxx)  http://www.omsys.com/