Re: xsl:key

Subject: Re: xsl:key
From: "Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus" <Scott_Boag@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 14:50:41 -0400
> As for the term "match" in xsl:key, I think that it really
> acts like "select" does elsewhere.

Uh, not true.  It is a match pattern.  The implementation pours through the
nodes in the (current) source tree, and tries to match each node to the
pattern.  The "use" attribute is a select pattern which is used to locate
the desired value relative to the node matched.  If you want to find key in
another source tree, you have to call the key() function inside a for-each
which selects a node using the document() function.

-scott

                    "David
                    Marston/CAM/Lotus"           To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <David_Marston@lotus.        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    com>                         Subject:     Re: xsl:key
                    Sent by:
                    owner-xsl-list@mulber
                    rytech.com

                    05/03/2000 01:58 PM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

Michael French asks:
>Is there any way to key nodes from an external document() ?

I think the example given at the end of section 12.2 of the
XSLT spec does what you want. This example is known to work
with Xalan.

As for the term "match" in xsl:key, I think that it really
acts like "select" does elsewhere.
.................David Marston