Possible transformiix bug with defaulted attributes.

Subject: Possible transformiix bug with defaulted attributes.
From: MarkH@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:49:37 +0100
I have different behaviour between Transformiix and MSXML XSL processors and
think that MSXML is the one which is behaving correctly.  Before I rush off
and report this as a bug, I'd appreciate some verification.

The problem arises out of conditional match against a missing attribute
where the XML schema provides a default value.  Where the attribute is
present, both MSXML and Transformiix XSL processors behave identically, but
where the attribute is missing only MSXML v3 appears to perform correctly,
by substituting the default value as specified in the schema.

I have included minimal schema, xml data and xsl files below to illustrate
the problem. The difference in parsers is as  follows:

<EveryThing>
	<SubObject group="0" name="first"/>
	<SubObject group="1" name="second"/>
</EveryThing>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<EveryThing>
  <SubObject group="1" name="second"/>
</EveryThing>

==8<=== SCHEMA FILE: http://www.agilic.com/testschemas/DefaultTestSchema.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Schema name="DefaultTestObject" xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-data"
xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes">

<ElementType name="RootObject" content="eltOnly" order="many"
model="closed">
  <element type="SubObject" minOccurs="0"/>
</ElementType>

<ElementType name="SubObject">
    <AttributeType name="name" dt:type="string" required="no" default="" />
    <AttributeType name="someAttribute" dt:type="boolean" required="no"
default="0" />
    <attribute type="name" />
    <attribute type="someAttribute" />
</ElementType>

</Schema>

==8<=== XML FILE: http://www.agilic.com/testschemas/DefaultTest.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RootObject
xmlns="x-schema:http://www.agilic.com/testschemas/DefaultTestSchema.xml";>
	<SubObject name="first"/>
	<SubObject name="second" someAttribute="1"/>
</RootObject>

==8<=== XSL FILE: http://www.agilic.com/testschemas/DefaultTest.xsl

<?xml version="1.0"?>
version="1.0">

  <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

  <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="RootObject">
    <xsl:element name="EveryThing">
        <xsl:for-each select="//SubObject[@someAttribute = 0]">
          <xsl:element name="SubObject">
            <xsl:attribute name="group">0</xsl:attribute>
            <xsl:attribute name="name"><xsl:value-of select="@name"
/></xsl:attribute>
          </xsl:element>
        </xsl:for-each>

        <xsl:for-each select="//SubObject[@someAttribute = 1]">
          <xsl:element name="SubObject">
            <xsl:attribute name="group">1</xsl:attribute>
            <xsl:attribute name="name"><xsl:value-of select="@name"
/></xsl:attribute>
          </xsl:element>
        </xsl:for-each>