Re: Converting XML File to Excel

Subject: Re: Converting XML File to Excel
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 10:12:25 -0600 (MDT)
> I'm currently writing an XSLT stylesheet that transforms an XML document
> into a SYLK file. SYLK is Microsoft's Symbolic Link format.

Also note that if the format you are attempting to convert to requires
bytes with values 0 through 8, or any other ranges that in most encodings
correspond to disallowed character sequences in XML, then it will be
impossible to produce the file without some kind of post-processing or
custom output method. There is currently no way to use XSLT and the
current crop of processors to produce arbitrary binary data.

-Mike