Re: To DTD or Schema? Issues for Transformiix, Soblotron etc

Subject: Re: To DTD or Schema? Issues for Transformiix, Soblotron etc
From: Petr Cimprich <petr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 15:56:57 +0200
MarkH@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I would like to hear comments on this general issue and some clarification
> of the points raised below, as well as any specific information on the
> DTD/Schema support in Transformiix or Soblotron (or anything else, but for
> the Wintel platform in particular)

As Sablotron uses expat as a XML parser, it is and will remain a non validating
processor.
It means it supports both DTD and schemas :-)

I think that DTD or Schema should not be validated by a XSLT processor. Its task
is to transform well formed data. DTD or Schema depends on your application.

Petr

--
Petr Cimprich
Ginger Alliance Ltd.