Base URL for input to the document() function

Subject: Base URL for input to the document() function
From: Katie Stafford <katstaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:23:51 -0700 (PDT)
I am attempting to use XSLT's document() function to include the textual
content of an external file in the HTML output of an XSL file.  The
problem is that if I use a call like:

<xsl:value-of select="document('test')"/>

, the resulting HTML attempts to include the document '<xmlns path>/test',
where <xmlns path> is the path specified in the following line, which
appears at the start of the document: <xsl:stylesheet
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0";>.  I can't figure out how
to make it look at a different base URL, and I don't understand why it is
using this one!

Furthermore, if I attempt to give an absolute URL path, eg:

<xsl:value-of select="document('http://myserver/test')"/>

, I get an error message like the following:

oracle.xml.parser.v2.XSLException: XSL-1021: Error parsing external
document: 'Attribute value should start with quote.';

If I attempt to use the 2-argument version of document(), I get an error
from the oracle xml parser that is being used (its API says it complies
with the most recent version of the xslt spec at w3.org):

oracle.xml.parser.v2.XSLException: XSL-1013: Error in
expression: 'document('test', '.')

(this same error occurs with any arguments I have tried)

Is anyone familiar with the oracle parser or a way in which I might
otherwise get the base URL to be one of my choosing?

(This seems to work just fine in the examples shown in the faq, but
something is going wrong in my case).

Thank you,

Kat.