RE: Outstanding Argument!

Subject: RE: Outstanding Argument!
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:50:49 -0400
At 12:40 PM 5/10/2000 -0400, Medina, Edward wrote:
[quoting David C's quote from the XML spec]
What the Senior Engineer wanted was something specifically that says you cannot
use "/".

You won't find any such statement. The XML spec doesn't tell you what's NOT allowed in a name; it tells you what IS allowed. That's why it also doesn't mention that you cannot include eyeglasses, textbooks, golden retrievers, Diet Coke, your best friend, your worst enemy, or the XSL-List archives in a name.