Issuing SQL statements similar to the Cocoon SQLProcessor?

Subject: Issuing SQL statements similar to the Cocoon SQLProcessor?
From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <TRA@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:38:23 +0200
Hello.

I have a large XML-file describing product data which I need to load into an Oracle 8i database.  The current solution uses JDBC in a Swing program, but I would like to try doing this similar to what I have previously done with Cocoon, namely by using special SQL-tags which is executed by a SQL-processor, replacing the SQL-statement by a table representing the result in the XML-file.   These SQL-tags would probably be generated by an XSL-layer.

The amount of SQL-statements pr file is currently around 100000, with a similar amount of nodes.  The execution time is currently of less importance, since I expect that this wil be negletible compared to the time spent by the database.

I would very much prefer to do this from the command line in order to fully control the Java environment, as opposed to doing it inside Cocoon in a servlet engine (which would then be either Tomcat in Apache under NT or similar).    If the Cocoon process could be simulated from the command line, that would be fine too.

I would appreciate any kind of feedback :-)

Ideas anyone?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen      "... plus ... Tubular Bells!"
  Stibo lokalnr 1212