Re: feature request

Subject: Re: feature request
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 23:27:48 +0200
Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> so better to write <link embed="yes" target="chap1.xml"/> (making up
> markup as I go along), and not use entities. Then you can control the
> expansion in XSL. There are other issues, worrying about searching
> across the entire flattened tree, which will are amusing to consider,
> of course. XSLT "node-set" extensions would come in handy there.

That's what I am doing but as you mentioned, there are sometimes other
issues and you've got to control the "joins" between documents by hand.

The other form (using entities) seems to have defenders amongst the
SGMLers.

Reading between the lines, do you mean it could be becoming deprecated
and that a way to go could be using XLink and XPointer ?

Eric