Re: feature request

Subject: Re: feature request
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:57:29 +0100 (BST)
 In XML 1.0, entities are the most flexible
 and widely supported way to manage external relationships, so that's
 what I use.

I have to say that looking around my local disk for multiple file
documents I'd have to acknowledge that they all use external parsed
entities and none of them use xlink (or xinclude), and many of them use
MathML which has over a thousand internal `character entities' as well,
However I would still argue that conceptually entities are by design
distinct from the document structure, they allow an author to split up
the file as he or she pleases, without having any effect on the logical
document. So if you use entities you are supposed to _expect_ that an
application expands them and you are not supposed to care. (I do care,
but you are supposed to do as I say, not as I do:-)

David