Re: Web Front Page using XSLT

Subject: Re: Web Front Page using XSLT
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:03:05 +0200
Matt,

The front page of 4xt (http://4xt.org/) is built by a XSLT
transformation reading information from 3 different RSS documents a XML
template file and the source document specified in the URI.

This could have been done using external entities, but (see a recent
thread), I have preferred to implement it using elements as links and
the XT document extension.

The way I do it is that, on the root template, I apply the templates on
the layout document (which is the same for all the pages on the site).

In this layout document, I have included at the places where I want to
include the dynamic stuff, elements such as <document-body/> or
<document-head/> which are used as call-backs to tell XSLT to apply
templates on the source document.

The source document have similar "call backs" asking to include the n
first elements from a RSS document...

Hope this helps

Eric