Re: feature request

Subject: Re: feature request
From: "Rick Geimer" <Rick.Geimer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:12:37 -0700
Rick Geimer wrote:

> Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
>
> > Its a fair point, but I don't think its new. The X* specs were created
> > in public, by "users", not implementors (per se), and they almost all
> > seemed to have decided that entities should not survive a parse. Take
> > them to task, but take them on at a higher level than XSLT, imho.
>
> But what about unparsed entities? They never get parsed, so why don't
> they survive?

Sorry, this was poorly worded. I should have said, why can't they be
preserved. Of course they can be accessed via the unparsed-entity-uri
function, but I have no easy way to recreate them in the output document
without a hack like disable output escaping. In my opinion, this makes
XSLT poorly suited for near-identity XML transformations.

Rick Geimer
National Semiconductor
rick.geimer@xxxxxxx