Re: apply-templates and Ful XML Path

Subject: Re: apply-templates and Ful XML Path
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:04:22 -0400
At 06:50 PM 05/16/2000 -0600, Mike Brown wrote:
> the root NODE [...] is the abstract thing which contains everything in
> the document (including the prolog e.g.)

It doesn't contain the prolog, at least not in the current data model.
It should just be thought of as "the node that's one level above the
document element".

Is this really true? You mean if the prolog contains comments or PIs, they're inaccessible even though XPath provides the means to retrieve them?