To control the XML doc using XSL

Subject: To control the XML doc using XSL
From: Cheun N Chong <cnc99r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 22:06:02 +0100 (BST)
Dear all,

	I have several questions about how XSL(T) can control the XML
document, because I am really a fresher... I have an XML document as
follows:
	<ticket>
		<concert>Britney Spear's Live in London</concert>
		<date>19 May 2000</date>
		<time>20:00 - 23:00</time>
		<place>Stadium</place>
		<seat>11</seat>
		<condition>valid</condition>
	</ticket>

	I would like to do the following to the XML doc by using the an
XSL, but I am not sure how to do it:

	1. the XSL will compare the date to the current date (which I am
	   not sure it is possible for XSL to read the current date or if
	   must manually enter, how to make the XSL read in the input data
	   from user), if it is expire, the <condition> will be changed to
	   "invalid".

	2. how to (if possible) make the XSL read in user-input data
	   (perhaps by using Java or applet)? I wish I could get some
	   direction here.

	3. Is it possible to generate an XSL document from an XSL
	   document?

	I have referred to the working draft, schemes and specification
about XSL, XSLT and XML from W3C, but still I am not sure whether all
these are possible. Hopefully my questions are not nonsense to make you
laugh. Thousand thanks for your help. Wish you all the best.

Best regards,
Cheun Ngen CHONG