RE: Scripting in an XSL Stylesheet...How?

Subject: RE: Scripting in an XSL Stylesheet...How?
From: "Paulo Gaspar" <Paulo.Gaspar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 12:56:11 +0200
There is some similar functionality in MSXML. I prefer using the
current MSXML3, which is already quite stable and has closer
conformance with the standard.
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/webtechnology/xml/msxml.asp

Be aware that MSXML3 is a beta version.

There are two clearly highlighted downloads:
  1. The parser: "Download the May 2000 MSXML Technology Preview Release"
  2. The documentation: "Download the latest MSXML Technology Preview SDK"

The SDK contains the documentation the (M$)HTML Help file "xmlsdk30.chm"
(May release). Check the <msxsl:script> element in the "XSLT Reference".
(This is different from the IE5 standard MSXML use of script.)

It is easy to use MSXML3 from script and with script.

It is also possible to use it in IE5.
("XML Developer's Guide"/"XML DOM User Guide"/"Running Msxml3 in Replace
Mode")

Have fun,

Paulo