RE: Portal applications using XSL

Subject: RE: Portal applications using XSL
From: "Paulo Gaspar" <Paulo.Gaspar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:23:57 +0200
We are doing something similar, even if not with a portal... yet.

I use an ISAPI Extention (in M$ IIS) built in Delphi (much easier
than C++) to implement a easy-to-use framework with
 - Data->XML->XSLT->HTML transformations (many possible combinations);
 - Caching (of XML parsed DOM's, XSLT processors, etc;
 - Basic Request/Response objects.

Data access and convertion to XML is achieved trough ADO (damn easy
to use and fast).

This framework can host/be exposed to diferent site implementations.
We are now using VB Script. It works a bit like an ASP (MS Active
Server Pages) with additional DB/XML/XSL functionality and very object
EFICIENT caching (unlike the more generalistic "Server" variables of
MS ASPs), but without using the "ASP" as template.

Most pages are MINIMAL in code. They just assemble optional request
parameters with the right SQL and XSLT template.

The point is... we are using ORACLE as a database and I am very
interested on the technology you are using. Maybe yours is better for
some projects and mine better for others.

Could I have your e-mail?

Thanks and have fun,

Paulo
(paulo.gaspar@xxxxxxxxxxxx)