Re: Copying ALL attributes using Xalan C++

Subject: Re: Copying ALL attributes using Xalan C++
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:46:47 -0600 (MDT)
> Ok. So here is one solution that I found after "some" iterations :-)
> 	<xsl:template match="img">
> 	<xsl:copy>
> 	<xsl:for-each select="@*">
> 	<xsl:attribute name="{name()}"><xsl:value-of select="."></xsl:attribute>

> 	<!--xsl:attribute name="{.}" ALSO WORKS-->

It shouldn't! It would produce an attribute node with the name being the
same as the value.

> 	</xsl:for-each>
> 	</xsl:copy>
> 	</xsl:template>

I'm not sure I understand why this wouldn't work for you:

<xsl:template match="img">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>

...because there is a built-in template for attributes and text nodes:

<xsl:template match="text()|@*">
  <xsl:value-of select="."/>

   - Mike
Mike J. Brown, software engineer at         My XML/XSL resources: in Denver, Colorado, USA