Re: my output just contains xsl code

Subject: Re: my output just contains xsl code
From: Jeni Tennison <Jeni.Tennison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 18:19:07 +0100
At 10:54 AM 6/6/00 -0400, Laura Price wrote:
>I'm trying to convert html to wml... i've made a simple xml document and an
>xslt stylesheet  to make the conversions.  The output is supposed to be wml
>code, but whenever I apply the stylesheet to the xml document, the output I
>get is just a regurgitation of the xslt stylesheet code.
>
>For example, my stylesheet (much simplified) looks like this:
[snip]

>And all my output file contains is this exact same code.  What did I manage
>to screw up?

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the much simplified
stylesheet.  Do you get the same problem when you try it out using that
rather than your complicated one?

If you do, then it's probably something to do with the processor and
command line you're using.  If you let us know what those are, we might be
able to help.

If you don't, then my guess would be that somewhere you're using the
document() function and that it is somehow looking at the stylesheet itself
and copying it to create the output.  Perhaps a less simplified version of
the stylesheet and a version of the input would help us pinpoint the source
of the error.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Jeni

Dr Jeni Tennison
Epistemics Ltd, Strelley Hall, Nottingham, NG8 6PE
Telephone 0115 9061301 ? Fax 0115 9061304 ? Email
jeni.tennison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx