Newbie Question: Using Servlets, JSP or XSP with XML/XSL

Subject: Newbie Question: Using Servlets, JSP or XSP with XML/XSL
From: Helge Luethje <Helge.Luethje@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:25:35 +0200 (MEST)
Hi everybody,

I'm new in XML/XSL and I have a question (sorry if that's too trivial for
your ;-)

Ok, I have an Oracle database on HP-UX, also I'm trying to provide a
web-interface for that database. I've started to design the pages (input forms
and so on) in XML/XSL. I work with an Apache webserver and Cocoon (1.7.3) to
transform the XML/XSL pages to HTML. Till now everything works fine (the
static pages). But I also have a Java program that gets values from these pages,
makes the database queries and that should post the results on a webpage.
And that's where I'm not quite sure what to do: What is the best way to post
these data with XML/XSL and Cocoon? I know Java-servlets, they work fine
with HTML. But as soon as I use XSL and Cocoon, my result pages are screwed up.
Is there a way to use servlets and XSL/Cocoon or should I rather use JSP or
XSP. If so, what is the best for this purpose?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Helge