XPointer support in document() ?

Subject: XPointer support in document() ?
From: "Dave Carlson" <dcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:32:15 -0600
Have any of the  XSLT processors implemented a tentative support for
XPointer in the document() function?  Or, do they minimally support an ID
fragment?

If my source document contains:
    <Product href="catalog.xml#xpointer(//foo/bar)"/>

Then, the XSLT should allow me to pass this entire href URI to the document
function, and return a node-set of the xpointer results.  Is this correct?
So, this XSLT should process the "bar" elements:
     <xsl:for-each select="document(@href)">

I assume that no processors support this currently.  But, do they support a
simplified subset where the short-hand xpointer is just the element ID:

    <Product href="catalog.xml#p127"/>

Where, "p127" is an ID attribute of an element in catalog.xml.  The
document() function would then return the single node whose ID equals p127.

It appears that all XSLT processors return the root element of the URI
document and ignore the URI fragment.

Thanks!
  Dave Carlson