Re: Is Extra space in my XML causing a problem?

Subject: Re: Is Extra space in my XML causing a problem?
From: "Brian Burridge" <brian_burridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:42:28 -0400
Thanks so much. That did it.

By the way, your book just arrived about five minutes ago. I look forward to
using it.

Brian

Kay Michael wrote:

> Use "normalize-space(go_live_date)!=null"
>
> Mike K
>

> > I am trying to suppress a column in XSL (if the values is 'null'), but
> > the text I'm comparing to isn't ever matching. This used to
> > work when my
> > XML tags were wrapped around the data, but now that I'm using a third
> > party app (XML Lightweight Extractor) to generate my XML, it
> > automatically puts extra space (as seen below) around the values, and
> > the XSL is no longer matching.

Brian N. Burridge
Internet Architect
(727) 399-3000 Ext 3515
The Internet Group - ITSS
Cox Target Media

"Until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because
of the choices I made yesterday," that person cannot say, "I choose
otherwise."